Christmas season is fast approaching…
Dive season has well and truly started so ask yourself
- Are you ready?
- More importantly is your gear ready?
Dive with a buddy – stay together
Check your dive gear – are you weighted correctly
Equipment check – computer battery, regulators working, recently serviced
- Dive flag
- Dive check
- Dive buddy – stay together or at least in visual sight
- Buoyancy – are you weighted correctly – do the basic check
- Dive Signal
If you are diving off a boat – make sure the skipper or person on board understands not to leave the dive site until you are safely back on the boat
- Once you are in the water
- Do a simple buoyancy check before you dive
- Jump in the water
- Put mask, regulator on
- If you are weighted correctly you face should be just below the surface.
- If above the surface – add more weight
- If below the surface – reduce the weight